The YLT team is made up of past interns who have demonstrated exceptional leadership ability. The team plays a critical role throughout the program year. YLT members will design and facilitate their own activities and workshops for interns and mentors. In addition, YLT members will serve as youth ambassadors for the program, contributing a youth voice to YouthWorks outreach and advocacy.
SF Youthworks selected our YLT members after an extensive interview process that highlighted the unique interests, talents and experiences that each youth will bring to our program:
- An avid skateboarder, Carlos Gonzalez is excited to further develop his leadership skills and expand upon his previous experience in community outreach.
- Joanna Blanco who immigrated to the Bay Area eight years ago and attends International Studies Academy, looks forward to actively participating in the YLT.
- Moises Santoyo-Gonzalez, a student at Ida B. Wells High School, was inspired by his recent internship with the Department of Public Works to become a YLT member.
- Nhi Nguyen, a student at George Washington High School and participant in their ROTC program, is eager to support other youth interns in successfully completing their internships.
- Peter Ruan completed an internship at the Youth Commission this summer and looks forward to providing a youth perspective to SF Youthworks.