It’s hard to believe that summer is over, but there’s no denying it since our interns are back to school this week!
This summer we had a great session, with highlights including:
- Providing quality work experience and career exposure to 160 youth representing schools and communities throughout San Francisco.
- Placing youth interns in 26 City departments under the supervision of our dedicated worksite mentors. Interns were placed in a wide variety of departments including the Public Utilities Commission, Recreation and Parks, the Department of Public Health, the Asssessor / Recorder’s Office, and the Board of Supervisors.
- Welcoming Employment Coordinator Angela Tsang to the YouthWorks team, where she successfully managed summer internships in law, law enforcement, recreation, and libraries.
- Providing a great series of career exposure events throughout City government, focusing on careers in politics, law, architecture, IT, health and transportation.
- Conducting job search workshops with summer interns, enabling them to create resumes and practice interview skills.
We ended our session with a celebration in early August in Golden Gate Park, providing an opportunity to recognize interns and mentors for their summer participation.