Applications for the 2010-2011 YouthWorks program will be available on Wednesday, August 11 at 10am. Interested candidates can obtain an application from our office (2012 Pine Street, 2nd Floor) or on the Become an Intern section of our website.
Interns hired by our program will begin their paid internship and training activities in early October. All participants will have the opportunity to work in a San Francisco City department for up to 10 hours weekly and attend workshops and other activities to develop job readiness and explore career interests. The program will last through mid-May 2011.
In order to be eligible to participate in SF YouthWorks you must:
- Have a positive attitude about work and an interest in developing job skills
- Be interested in learning about careers in city government
- Live AND attend high school in San Francisco
- Be entering the 11th or 12th grade in August / Sept 2010
- Have time in your schedule to work a minimum of 7 hours per week from October through May
- Commit to attending regular mandatory program workshops (**this is a new program requirement)
YouthWorks receives a high volume of applications for available positions every session. We select participants based on barriers to employment, availability, past experience, written responses to application questions, assessment interview, and match with internship openings.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, September 3 by 5pm.
Please contact Jerome Anderson with any questions (email@example.com).