A message from our friends at Coleman Advocates for Youth:
“This coming Tuesday, November 20th, the Board of Supervisors will be voting on a $2.7 million supplemental appropriation to support the 45% of SFUSD students who are off-track to graduation— get back on track and graduate on time!
We need your help. Right now there are 5 Supervisors who are co-sponsoring the legislation (Kim, Avalos, Campos, Mar, and Olague)– and we are trying to get to 8 votes so that the Mayor can’t veto it! We are focusing on 4 Supervisors for their support: David Chiu, Mark Farrell, Scott Wiener and Malia Cohen.
Ways you can support!
1. Come to City Hall tomorrow and bring youth with you, after school, to lobby the above four Supervisors to ask them to support this critical funding for credit recovery. And if you’re there, it doesn’t hurt to stop by the offices of the already-supportive Supervisors!
2. If you cannot get to City Hall tomorrow, please email or call the above four Supervisors and ask them to support this critical funding for credit recovery. Their contact info is below.
- Supervisor David Chiu – David.Chiu@sfgov.org (cc his aides Catherine.Rauschuber@sfgov.org, Judson.True@sfgov.org and Amy.Chan@sfgov.org) – 415.554.7450
- Supervisor Scott Wiener – Scott.Wiener@sfgov.org (cc his aides Adam.Taylor@sfgov.org and Andres.Power@sfgov.org) – 415.554.6968
- Supervisor Mark Farrell – Mark.Farrell@sfgov.org (cc his aides Margaux.Kelly@sfgov.org and Catherine.Stefani@sfgov.org) – 415.554.7752
- Supervisor Malia Cohen – Malia.Cohen@sfgov.org (cc her aides, Megan.Hamilton@sfgov.org and Andrea.Bruss@sfgov.org) – 415.554.7670
3. Come to a press conference on the steps of City Hall on Tuesday, 11/20 @ 12:30pm to show your support for this legislation and help put pressure on the other Supervisors we need to pass this!
For more information about this $2.7 million supplemental appropriation, or about the students who are off-track to graduation, contact Neva Walker at email@example.com. (I’m on vacation until next Tuesday.)
Thanks for your work on behalf of San Francisco youth!”