YouthWorks is proud to introduce our new Youth Leadership Team, joining our staff in supporting interns and worksite mentors this year.
- Robin Bonner is a senior at Downtown High School who interned with Supervisor Bevan Dufty last year. Robin envisions a career in public service in her future.
- Stephen Li is a senior at George Washington High School who worked as an intern at MUNI last year. Stephen has extensive experience working with kids as a volunteer.
- Zakiya Percy is a senior at Galileo who interned with the Department of Public Works this summer. Zakiya’s career plan is to become a paramedic and then a firefighter.
- Lana Tauzhnyanskaya is a senior at Galileo who interned at the Randall Museum and Child Support Services. Lana plans to go college and medical school after graduating.
- Andrew Wu is a senior at Ida B. Wells who interned in the Public Defender’s Office last year. Andrew intends to attend San Jose State University and study criminal justice.
This group of talented youth will be supporting the program in many ways this year, partnering with staff to enrich the experience of our interns. YLT will design and co-facilitate workshops for youth interns every week and for worksite mentors in January, provide input to help improve program strategies and materials, and serve as ambassadors for our program in the community.
We feel very fortunate to have such a talented team on board for this year’s program!