Camile Richard, Associate Director / firstname.lastname@example.org
Camile Richard was born in San Francisco and raised in district 10; primarily in the Bay View Hunter’s Point area. At the young age of 13, Camile started her first job with a program called “Youth in Action”. Motivated, she sought out her second job with the “Mayor’s Youth Employment & Education Program” (MYEEP), a program of the Japanese Community Youth Council (JCYC). The MYEEP agencies she worked under include Young Community Developers and Horizons Unlimited. Camile has held various positions within that organization, which range from Counselor in Training to Program Assistant until she graduated from Philip Burton High School in 2002.
Upon graduating from high school Camile traveled the east coast to attend Morgan State University in Baltimore, MA. After completing her first semester of college she made a personal and financial decision to attend community college back home in San Francisco. Once Camile completed her Associates Degree she transferred to San Francisco State University. Camile graduated with a degree in Psychology in 2007 and is first in her immediate family to complete college.
Since graduating from college Camile partnered up with the Public Utilities Commission in SF as a Team Leader of the Project Pull Program and worked as a Housing Case Manager for Catholic Community Services in Washington. Then found her way back to JCYC to become a Placement Specialist and Senior Employment Coordinator for SF YouthWorks. Currently she manages the operations of the San Francisco YouthWorks program and internships in city leadership and political departments. Camile is passionate about youth development, loves to learn about Real Estate and wants to travel the world
Jerome Anderson, Employment Coordinator / email@example.com
Jerome Anderson, a native of San Francisco, grew up in the Western Addition. He attended Archbishop Riordan High School and Hamilton College, graduating in 2008 with a BA in Communication Studies and a minor in Sociology. Prior to YouthWorks, Jerome worked with the Embarcadero Y.M.C.A for 4 years. Most recently he was the Assistant Director and C.I.T Mentor for the camp.
He enjoys working with youth and is excited to use his skills and knowledge to help assist them. Jerome loves sports, cooking, and music and has recently developed a new love for photography. He manages internships in the Building Inspection Department, Planning Department, Municipal Transportation Agency, Public Utilities Commission, Public Works, and SFO.
Larry Berry, Employment Coordinator / firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Berry was born and raised in the Bayview neighborhood of San Francisco. He has been involved in youth development since high school, serving as a youth leader for the Mayor’s Youth Employment and Education Program (MYEEP). After high school Larry worked as the MYEEP Youth Leadership Coordinator for 2 years before returning to San Francisco State University to obtain his degree in Urban Planning. He has also worked as the Assistant Academic Coordinator for College Track and assisted with planning research to help improve San Francisco neighborhoods.
Larry enjoys working to help youth be successful and looks forward to creating meaningful internship opportunities for youth with barriers to employment. He currently works as an employment coordinator and manages internships in Recreation & Park.
Allan Luu, Payroll Specialist
Allan Luu was born and raised in San Francisco in the Tenderloin district. He attended Galileo Academy of Science and Technology and is currently a student at San Francisco State University studying accounting.
As a youth he participated in a number of youth employment programs, working at different sites such as Tenderloin Children’s Playground and SOMA Day Care Center.
Since graduating from high school in 2006, he has worked for multiple youth employment programs. He currently manages YouthWorks’ management information system and payrolling processes.
Linda Rosa, Employment Coordinator / email@example.com
Linda Rosa was born and raised in San Francisco’s Mission District. She graduated from San Jose State University in 2007, with a BA in Criminal Justice and minor in Sociology. Linda has a passion for working with children and youth and giving back to her community. She worked through Catholic Charities as an afterschool instructor teaching balanced literacy to school aged children.
Linda loves spending time with her son Isaiah, reading books, and going to the beach. Linda currently manages internships in health and human services related departments.
Beth Sachnoff, Employment Coordinator / firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Sachnoff is a San Francisco local and grew up in the Market/Castro neighborhood. She attended Leadership High School and UC Santa Cruz, where she majored in Community Studies. While at UC Santa Cruz, Beth interned at the Hip-Hop Association in New York City, sharing and creating resources for educators interested in using Hip-Hop in the classroom
As a high schooler Beth participated in various youth development programs, such as Jamestown Community Center and Enterprise for Youth. Prior to YouthWorks, Beth worked as the Enrollment and Outreach Manager at Leadership High School. She is passionate about encouraging youth to explore their own passions and pathways. Beth enjoys cooking, practicing her spanish, hiking under redwood trees and learning how to sew costumes. She currently manages internships in law, fire and library departments.
Liora Barba, Employment Coordinator / email@example.com
Liora Barba grew up in San Francisco’s Mission district before bracing herself for the cold to attend Macalester College in Minnesota. During her junior year, Liora went abroad to study international development and politics in Namibia and the Netherlands. After graduating with a BA in Geography, she taught high school social sciences, art, and drama on Kosrae Island in the Federated States of Micronesia. Following her time in the Pacific, Liora returned to the Bay Area to work in youth programming at the Red Cross.
Liora loves to travel, go on hiking and biking adventures around California, drawing/painting, and writing. She manages internships at the library branches, Department of Elections, Treasurer and Tax Collector, Purchasing Department, Department of the Assessor-Recorder, and the Department of Technology.
Youth Leadership Team (YLT)
The YouthWorks Youth Leadership Team (YLT) consists of past interns who take on a leadership role in the program and in the city of San Francisco. The YLT members design their own workshops and facilitate them for both interns and mentors. Workshops focus on developing leadership skills and building relationships between youth and adults. YLT members also serve as youth ambassadors for the program, contributing a youth voice to YouthWorks outreach and advocacy.
- Daisy Cai is a junior at Galileo high school. Born and raised in San Francisco, she currently resides in the Crocker Amazon neighborhood. During her free time she plays volleyball, runs and bikes. She previously interned at Sharon Arts Studio and loved the time she spent there. As a YLT member Daisy hopes to develop her communication skills, while exposing herself to this once in a life time experience. In the future she plans on attending UC in Southern California for business.
- Eduardo Calderon is currently a senior at Independence high school. He was born and raised in SF and lives in the Portola area. He is interested in sports, music and arts. He plays the piano, guitar and is very interested in playing the viola. He previously interned at the Board of Supervisors in David Campos office. In the future he would like to study law.
- Nancy Liang was born in China, but currently lives in San Francisco. She is a senior at Abraham Lincoln high school. She loves singing, talking on the phone and going to cities around the Bay Area to try new foods and to take pictures. Nancy worked in the the Office of Small Business during her internship. She is interested in being part of the YLT so she can practice talking in front of groups and leading them, like she did when she was a coordinator in training for MYEEP. She plans to go to a state school and major in business, and to live a simple and successful life.
- Maya Pastreich is a San Francisco native, raised in the Richmond district. She attends Mission high school where she participates in Gay Straight Alliance, Yoga and Latino Club. She plans to develop her leadership skills and build community at YouthWorks as a member of the YLT. After high school she hopes to attend a 4 year college.
- Giovanni Rojas was born in San Francisco and is a senior at Lowell high school. During his free time he likes to ride his bike around the city, play guitar and play video games. During the summer he interned at the Mayor’s Office of Communication with YouthWorks. He is interested in YLT because he enjoys leading youth through their employment experience. In the future he plans to go to UC Berkeley and become a successful person.
- Nick Torrano is a senior at Sacred Heart with a bright future and a variety of interests including music, sports and spending time with his two poodles. Nick likes the YLT and YouthWorks program because of his experience as an intern at the Public Utilities Commision. Nick is excited about working on his leadership skills as a YLT member.